On September 14, the Scale for Resilience virtual launch event for Latin America was held. More than 100 participants attended the introduction to the initiative and learned about the current state of inclusive finance for adaptation,.
This launch was attended by interesting guests and panelists such as:
- Gonzalo Muñoz, COP 25 High Level Climate Champion;
- Jason Spensley, Senior Climate Change Specialist;
- Deissy Martínez Barón, Regional Director of CCAFS Latin America;
- Christoph Jungfleisch, CEO and Founder of YAPU Solutions;
- Luca Torre, Co-Founder and CO-director of GAWA Capital;
- Alexandra Carvajal, General Manager of Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Pedro Moncayo; and
- Nestor Castro Quintela, General Manager of Finrural.
The event highlighted the importance of small farmers for food security, and the lack of important inputs such as finance to adapt to climate change, since at the moment only 5% of global climate finance is allocated to climate adaptation.
Against this backdrop, Scale for Resilience’s mission to make 3,000,000 smallholder farmers more resilient to climate change by 2030 is more valid then ever. Through its members the initiative focuses on:
- Create access to finance for nature-based solutions for climate adaptation for smallholder farmers.
- Facilitate conditions and mechanisms for financing nature-based adaptation solutions.
By addressing the full financial value chain, Scale for Resilience aims to unlock the necessary investments into smallholder adaptation. Apart from refinancing and financial institutions on the ground, we unite facilitators who can provide needed data to make nature-based solutions investible as well as software that helps the investment case by providing transparent and verified reporting. After the successful Launch event for Latin America, Scale for Resilience plans for a launch event in Africa after the COP26.
Share this article