On December 9, the Scale for Resilience virtual launch event for Africa was held and attendees could learn about adaptation finance from interesting guests and panelists, such as:
- Lucy Mulenkei, Co-Founder and Co-Chair of the Indigenous Women Biodiversity Network
- Nigel Topping, High Level Climate Action Champion COP26
- Deissy Martínez Baron, Regional Program Leader, CCAFS
- Luca Torre, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, GAWA Capital
- Christoph Jungfleisch, Founder and CEO, YAPU Solutions
- André Roland YOUM, Director of Partnership, Studies and Development Social Performance Management Officer at Caurie Microfinance
The event drew special attention to the importance of smallholder farmers for food security, and the absence of important inputs such as finance to adapt to climate change, since currently only 5% of global climate finance is allocated to climate adaptation.
To address this issue, Scale for Resilience targets making 3,000,000 smallholder farmers more resilient to climate change by 2030. Through its members, the initiative focuses on:
- Creating access to finance of adaptation nature-based solutions (NbS) for smallholder farmers.
- Facilitating conditions and mechanisms for financing adaptation NbS.
We need all members of the financial value chain, microfinance institutions, investors and facilitators, to work together in promoting and implementing NbS among smallholders and other vulnerable populations.
If you are representing an MFI,
if you represent an investor,
if you represent a facilitator,
…do join Scale for Resilience and contribute to make vulnerable communities in Africa more resilient!
We can only achieve this together.
Share this article